Sunday, August 8, 2010

8.8.10 -- Recovery day

I laid low for most of the day today after my 30k yesterday. It was definitely a day where relaxation was on order. The gray skies helped me to not feel guilty about it :) However, around 2 I started getting really anxious to go and pick up Lucas. I hung out with my mom and then we went to pick him up. Jeff called and told me he'd be early, so we left right away. What was I thinking? We got to sit at the park and ride lot for almost 20 minutes before they showed up...with my soaking wet child, with no spare change of clothes and missing the shirt I sent him in. Good times. I love the disregard for the fact that I had things to do and a soaking wet child didn't quite fit that plan. Why should I be surprised though? We stopped at Fred Meyer and Lucas was quite happy to pick out new sweats, a cool new shirt and some new underwear. Good times.

Anyway, when we got back to my parent's house Lucas and I were practicing his reading skills using the alphabet letters from one of his puzzles. He read bat, me, am, mat and a couple other words. Then Lucas told me he wanted to read batman. I told him to sound it out and find the letters and we would read it together. He sounded it out and got all of the letters except for the n at the end! I am so incredibly proud of him! I really think that he is going to be a child who catches onto reading quickly. He is already adding and subtracting simple numbers. I am a bit nervous for how he is going to be by the time he finally makes it to kindergarten!

No comments: