Sunday, August 29, 2010

8.29.10 -- The sweetest boys I know

**Don't worry Jer...I helped Lucas fix the order after I took this picture.**

Yesterday we went to see the Howard's to drop off their things from the beach house. Lucas had the pleasure of waking up both Carly and Jeremy (at 11 and 12 respectively). When we were getting ready to leave Jeremy whispered something to his mom. Then, Jeremy gave Lucas the set of dwarfs that his mom had so sweetly brought back from Disneyland for him.


Now the back story for why she bought him the dwarfs to start with. In 2006 or 2007 (I can't remember which trip it was, I'm sure Donna could tell me) I went on a choir tour with my church and we got to go to Disneyland as one of our stops. I had been watching Jeremy for almost a year at this point and I wanted to find something for him while we were in Disneyland. I settled on these thick rubber dwarfs from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Jeremy had never seen the movie at this point and didn't know what they were, but when given these dwarfs I started an absolute obsession. Jeremy lined the dwarfs up in his bed every night and they had to be lined up in a specific order (God forbid we mess it up). The wall above his crib had streaks of color from the rubber rubbing against his walls. Jeremy dressed up as a dwarf (technically two dwarfs) for Halloween that year. Fast forward...Jeremy is almost 16 now (where have the years gone?!?). I met Jeremy when he was three months old and one of the most precious infants I have ever seen.

Back to the present. Jeremy gave Lucas his set of dwarfs, which was so precious. If you have not seen Toy Story 3 and do not wish for a spoiler, just stop reading here. Jeremy handed Lucas the package with the dwarfs in it and explained to Lucas the role of each dwarf, the order they came in and everything. It was so sweet and reminded me so much of Andy at the end of Toy Story 3. Jeremy has always been a sweet, caring boy and it was amazing to see him sharing these dwarfs with Lucas.

Lucas had never seen Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and we remedied that today. He set the dwarfs up on my bed doing his best to remember what Jeremy had told him, and he remained in the same position absolutely sucked into the movie. I felt so nostalgic and like I was watching Jeremy do the same thing all those years ago. It's amazing how life comes full circle. I am blessed to have so many amazing people in my life to love Lucas and me.

No comments: