Monday, August 30, 2010

8.30 -- Super Uncle, soon to be Super Dad

My brother is an amazing uncle to Lucas. He and his wife are expecting their first child in the coming weeks and I could not be happier for them. They are going to be amazing parents and their son is going to be incredibly lucky to have them as parents. They compliment each other perfectly and have so much fun together. I truly do not believe that James could have found a better woman. They support each other and share hobbies, it's amazing. I think everyone can only strive to find such a great relationship.

We all had dinner at my parent's house last night. Lucas passed out in the car on the way there after asking me as we crossed the Interstate Bridge if it was okay if he took a rest...OF COURSE! This was Lucas when we arrived at my parent's house:

The kid has eyelashes one can only dream about. He actually stayed asleep as I carried him into the house and laid him down on the couch. I had to wake him up an hour and a half later. He must be having another growth spurt with the ridiculous amount of sleep he is getting lately.

Once Lucas decided to wake up, he was super silly and enjoyed showing my brother how he played his Super Why game on my phone. We had a DELICIOUS dinner of salmon, an amazing salad (pears, blue cheese, toasted walnuts, etc.) and a quinoa couscous type salad, with apple crisp for dessert. My mom is an amazing cook. After dinner Lucas and James had a total battle. They wrestled and played. James showed his stellar, but maybe not so safe, swaddling methods that had Lucas completely stuck:

It was absolutely hilarious. Lucas ended the night by reading his book to my brother and Alanna. I love my family. I cannot wait for James and Alanna to give another addition to the Treacy family!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG, damn you for making me cry while I am at work! LOL! You are too awesome! Thank you for writing that - I've been a little self absorbed with how huge I am getting - It's nice to be reminded how lucky we are to have such a great, supportive family. : ) love you!

Rose said...

Sorry! I didn't mean to make you cry. You are both loved and this baby is so loved already. I can't wait for him to get here!