Thursday, August 26, 2010

8.26.10 -- Cloudy days

When it looks like this outside:
And it has been in the 90s and hot and almost unbearable lately. This is how we chose to spend the first cold day in awhile:
It also helps that Lucas just came home from his Dad's house yesterday after his longest stay ever (five days). He is usually pretty happy to have a lazy day or two to get back into the swing of being at home. One of his favorite things to do is to snuggle with his favorite blankie (I don't know how that well-loved thing is still in one piece, even with the mending) and watch a movie. Today, the movie of choice is Transformers 2.

I just finished prepping dinner for the next two days. I am marinating chicken breasts in a garlic herb marinade that smells amazing for dinner tonight. For tomorrow I prepped a pork roast -- garlic studded and a dry rub to sit until tonight, then I will let it slow roast overnight. It should make for some amazing shredded pork tacos tomorrow night! And I also brewed a pitcher of ice tea sweetened with a homemade simple syrup. It is delicious!

No comments: