Wednesday, August 25, 2010

8.25.10 -- Just keep swimming

Lucas began swimming two summers ago in a tots and mom swimming class. Then last summer we began classes again and it was his first time in the pool with an instructor without me. However, he has always had Logan (his best buddy) in his swimming classes with him. Since last summer he has continued in classes without breaks and has made tremendous progress. I am SO proud of him! He is now a level 3 (Barracuda). He is able to swim about 10-15 feet unassisted. He needs to work on getting a little bit more comfortable doing a front float and a back float, but he is awesome when he is moving. I cannot express how proud I am of him. I also am SO happy that we found something that he absolutely LOVES. I am not sure what else he is going to want to take on this fall (he's discussed soccer or martial arts), but I know that he's going to stick with swimming for awhile.

And yes, I know you can see the kid's ribs, but he seriously eats more than I do. I have no idea what else to do to help him gain weight, but he's been stuck at 37.6 pounds for the last couple of months. At this rate, I don't know if he is ever going to get out of his car seat and into a booster! He turned 4 1/2 yesterday and we are not any closer. I believe he weighed about 36 pounds when he turned 4. He seems to just get taller and skinnier regardless of how much he eats! Clearly he takes after his father in that respect (and his uncle).

No comments: