Wednesday, August 11, 2010

8.11.10 -- Fun with Friends



What a hilarious evening! After a busy morning running errands all over town (Costco, Winco, Safeway) and then fighting Lucas to take a nap most of the afternoon (I seriously don't know why I even bother anymore) we headed to Kid's Club before swimming. Lucas played on the play structure for about 45 minutes before his swimming lessons and I was able to knock out three more chapters from my book (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo -- read it. Now.) Lucas and Logan had a great swimming lesson and we headed back to the Halstead's for dinner.

When we arrived Nikki made me a Bubble 07. I must admit that I was very skeptical of this drink. I tried a shot of bubble gum vodka last week and was kind of grossed out. However, I must admit that Nikki has now changed my opinion. I can admit that I was wrong and it was rather tasty...but I think I could only handle one, they are awfully sweet!

After dinner and drinks Nikki and I left the boys with Mike and went for a walk (or two) around the neighborhood. When we came back...we saw the sights that are above. The boys (we learned later with the help of Mike) turned the backyard into a water park complete with slide and pool. Greyson was in charge of the hose and Logan and Lucas kept the circuit of going down the slide. Nikki and I thought that Greyson would want a turn and tried to convince the boys to take turns...but Greyson wanted no part in anything except for the hose. By the time they were done they were soaking wet from head to toe. They are such silly boys. They had an amazing time together and it was great to see them all play so nicely together.

Another highlight of the evening -- We were watching Speed of Life on the Discovery Channel and I am pretty sure we came up with an ingenious new show! They need to record these shows with children doing the commentary. Listening to the things that Lucas, Logan and Greyson had in response to the commentator and what they had on screen was absolutely hilarious and helped to distract us from some of the horror. It was a great night with great friends.

No comments: