Wednesday, August 4, 2010

8.4.10 -- CPI training day 2

Well...that pretty much sums up how I felt by the end of the day as well! After six more hours of CPI training (mostly spent doing restraints or being an acting out person) after about four hours of sleep last night I was WIPED out. I fought traffic down to pick up Lucas from my parents. He promptly passed out in his car seat. (side note: I tried to find a picture of Lucas wearing the same hat from when he was about 20 months old sleeping in the same car seat and I couldn't find it! I will try again tomorrow. I think the comparison would be pretty funny) We made it to swimming after about an hour of sitting in way too much traffic and Lucas did great at swimming. We went to Costco to pick up my contacts and decided to have a super healthy dinner of pizza with a side of people watching. I feel like I must be getting old. There were two teenage boys sitting with people I assumed to be their parents. Both boys had a ridiculous quantity of facial piercings and hickeys on their necks. When is it cool to have a hickey...and be out with your mom? i just don't understand it...and also dread Lucas getting to that age at any point in his life. Now it is just after 10 and my lack of sleep is definitely catching up with me. I should have gone to bed at 8. I am getting old. Damn.

2 comments:

Sara said...

He's too cute! I think I'd be okay with piercings and tatoos on James, but the hickies would piss me off. Is that weird or what. Whereas Jon would be pissed about the piercings and tatoos and ok with the hickies.

Your training sounds exhausting. Restraint training just sounds awful to me. I have touch issues, so after a while I'd be a bit spastic to get away. Big hugs!

Rose said...

Yeah, the hickeys just gross me out more than anything. I personally would be happy if Lucas had neither :)

The training was great, but yesterday was pretty physical. Yeah, with touch issues you wouldn't want to be involved :)