Monday, August 16, 2010

8.16.10 -- A break from the heat!


After several days in the 90s I was ready to get away from Portland for a couple of days. I like summer, but I would much rather have my summer stay in the 70s or low 80s than get any hotter. With summer raging in, we decided to get out of town. After Lucas's dentist appointment (his teeth were perfect) we headed for the coast. Our first stop was to surprise Cami with our arrival at the beach -- we stopped by the book store, but she had the day off. We called and headed toward Seaside to get gas. Then Cami called! YAY! Cami and I had a great day catching up on the beach and walking Lucas jump through the waves. We met up with Cami for dinner at Bill's and then i got to have a carpet picnic (well...we would have had a carpet picnic if there was anymore carpet in the house) and I got to read the article featuring Cami on the front page of Cannon's Beach's newspaper! It was wonderful to spend time with Cami and Lucas at the beach.

No comments: