Tuesday, August 24, 2010

8.24.10 -- A little bit of progress

I have avoided going into my classroom like the plague. When I went in after ESY was over (I had to return all of my materials to my classroom), I planned to work on getting my classroom set up for awhile. However, that plan was thwarted because they had not yet cleaned the carpets in our building. When I went back in yesterday my classroom looked the same. Like this: I am pretty sure this is the worst it has ever looked after the carpet crew has come in. Stuff is usually pushed to one wall, but never pushed into less than a fourth of my classroom. As a result of this sight at the end of July, I waited more than a month to come back and try to make sense out of the chaos. Well, today was the day...and the picture from above is what it looked like when I came in.

Five hours later this is what it looked like:
View from the table by my desk of most of the classroom, except for the sensory/gross motor area.
Sensory/gross motor area (not done setting it up) and the only two desks in my classroom (I can't believe I only have 2 older kids this year!)
The view when you enter my classroom.
A different view from the door into my classroom.

I still need to get my calendar and circle time area set up, as well as my reading center. I need to finish up my sensory area and make some posters and other things for the room, but all in all I am feeling much more prepared for another year to begin.

2 comments:

Sara said...

It looks great! I've always wondered why they put carpet in schools. It just gets nasty fast. I will try to take a picture of James kindergarten classroom. You may fall over from sensory overload. I like yours much better.

Rose said...

I can't handle sensory overload in my classroom (neither can my kiddos), but I need to hang up some stuff still and do a few more things. It's almost there though :)