Tuesday, August 31, 2010

8.31 -- Halloween costumes in August?!?



Lucas and I had a ridiculously productive day today, which is probably a good thing given that Thursday is my first day back to work. I took him out to breakfast at a bagel deli down the road, hoping it would help Lucas (and myself) to be ready to get moving for the day.

Our list of errands:
  1. Winco (my favorite)
  2. Learning Palace (I got stuff for my welcome bulletin board, a new job board, labels for work boxes and cubbies, and a couple new learning activities for my little ones)
  3. IKEA (I got furniture for my reading area and pillows for the sensory tent...might go back for more)
  4. Trader Joe's
  5. Costco
  6. Lakeshore -- to pick up items I forgot during ESY
  7. My classroom (where I found out that I have 2 more out of district kids placed in my classroom which means a totally full roster)
  8. Safeway -- to get the last few ingredients for dinner that I couldn't find at Winco
  9. Walgreens (hopefully my last ditch effort will take care of these damn blisters)
  10. Waxing
It was a ridiculous day to say the least. Lucas and I were out running errands for 10 hours, with the exception of about 30 minutes when we came home for lunch and to put away groceries. I think the craziest part about the entire day was the fact that we found Lucas's Halloween costume...on August 31st. The fact that it was pouring down rain also seemed rather odd for so late into the summer.

I spent the rest of the evening organizing and cleaning (I lead a super exciting life). I am happy to report that all of the laundry is done and put away, the kitchen is spotless, the pantry and food cupboards are completely organized and Lucas's dresser has been cleaned out and reorganized.

I also have a new plan for September. I put together a meal plan for the month of September which fueled my shopping list. I am hoping I won't have to go back to the store except to get fresh fruits and veggies. We will see how it works! It feels good to have everything organized and prepared for the school year.


2 comments:

Eve said...

I've really got to try putting together meal lists - it would make my shopping so much easier! I just can't seem to sit down and do it.

Rose said...

This month is my test drive for the planning a menu for the month. With just the two of us there are a couple days a week of leftovers, which makes the planning a little easier :)