Tuesday, August 3, 2010

8.3.10 -- Restraints, dinner in castles and foreign films, oh my!

I did not take the picture above, but I should have taken some pictures of the inside of Clyde's Prime Rib! This place was absolutely like stepping into the 70s. Brad and I were fairly certain during dinner that they have not changed anything in the last 3 decades. There were gaudy chandeliers (yes...plural) hanging from the ceiling, mirrors and paintings on every surface of the walls, multiple fireplaces, and some random playing cards on the ceiling. The prime rib was amazing and I enjoyed dinner with Brad. When we got back to his place we watched The Prophet with Chad. It was a good french film with a plot that kept you engaged for the two plus hours it took to get to the end. It was a great day, but I definitely needed more sleep!

I spent the earlier part of the day at CPI training. Funny thing...I totally thought this training was taking place on Wednesday and Thursday of this week. I had daycare set up for Lucas and I was ready to roll. Then, I remembered that my friend Ale's birthday is on the 3rd...and realized that was Tuesday! CRAP! I had to scramble to make sure that Lucas was taken care of, but thankfully my mom is a saint. The first day of the training went great and I am really excited to learn more and to implement this in my classroom this fall!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Brad? Dinner sounds amazing! I want to go out to eat at a steakhouse.

Eve said...

There's just something odd about places that serve great steak... they all seemed to be trapped in another decade. Maybe its because they're so good that they've stayed around since their decor was new and fashionable. ;)